Cookies are a tool used by web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors or users. They are text files that some servers install during navigation and that allow to know information such as: the place from which it is accessed, the connection time, the device from which it accesses (fixed or mobile), the operating system and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks and data regarding the user's behaviour on the Internet. They do not provide references that allow deducing the user's first and last name and cannot read data from your hard drive or include viruses on your computers. Also, they cannot read the cookies placed on the user's hard drive from other servers.
Why are they important?
Cookies do not need to be activated to access the website, although its deactivation may prevent its correct functioning.
From a technical point of view, cookies allow websites to function more agile and adapt to the preferences of users, such as storing the language, the currency of the country or detecting the access device.
They establish levels of protection and security that prevent or hinder cyber attacks against the website or its users.
They allow media managers to know statistical data, collected to improve the quality and experience of their services.
They serve to optimize the advertising we show to users, offering the one that best suits their interests.
The user can configure his browser to reject all cookies by default or to receive a warning on the screen of the reception of each cookie and decide on its installation or not on his hard drive.
This acceptance may be revoked through the content and privacy configuration options available therein. The owner recommends its users to check the help of their browser or access to the help websites of the main browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Opera.
Types of Cookies used on the website
The user who browses the website can find cookies inserted directly by the owner, or cookies inserted by different entities, as detailed in the following sections:
- Session cookies expire when the user leaves the page or closes the browser, that is, they are active for the duration of the visit to the website and therefore they are deleted from our computer when the user leave it.
- Permanent cookies expire when the purpose for which they serve is met or when they are manually deleted, they have a deletion date and are normally used in the online purchase process, personalization or in the registry, so that you do not have to enter a password constantly.
Depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from which the cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, we can differentiate between our own and third-party cookies.
- Own cookies are those cookies that are sent to the user's computer and are managed exclusively by us for a better website functioning. The information we collect is used to improve the quality of our service and your experience as a user.
- Third-party cookies, when the user interacts with our website content, third-party cookies can also be set (for example, by clicking on social media buttons or viewing videos hosted on another website), which are those established by a domain different from ours. We cannot access to the data stored in the cookies of other websites when you browse the aforementioned websites.
Browsing through this website means that the following types of Cookies can be installed:
- Analytical cookies collect information anonymously from the browsing experience on our website. Examples of use: We can count the number of visitors or the most viewed content. We can know if the user who is accessing is new or repeat the visit. That information can help us to improve the browsing and offer a better service.